Life Coach, Mentor, Counsellor, Therapist
Life Coach, Mentor, Counsellor, Therapist are all specialised areas, ‘which one do I need?’ it’s a common question.
The definition of a Life Coach is a person who supports and empowers you to achieve a specific outcome or goal.
Life Coaching is future oriented with a vision created in-line with your values and beliefs.
- Coaching – Typically a short term relationship. The coach does not advise but empowers you to take ownership of your outcome. Accountability is a key part of this process, on both parts.
- Mentoring – Longer term relationship. Mentor can share wisdom based on previous experiences.
- Counselling – Normally solves problems connected to the past, the conversation is based in present. Counsellor normally advises.
- Therapy – or Psychotherapy generally refers to the treatment of mental or emotional disorders using psychological techniques.
In a coaching relationship the coach has minimal input, the client dictates the pace and direction.
It is the coach’s job to facilitate the client using challenging and thought provoking questions.
- “I’ve tried several times before, I just can’t do it on my own”
- “I’ve lost my confidence, I never used to be like this”
- “I need to be more assertive, people just walk all over me”
- “It’s time for a change but I don’t know how?”
The above are common examples of issues which my clients face. Issues such as redundancy, lacking in motivation or direction, mid-life crisis or just stuck in a bind, there is a way through.
Results are largely based on the clients commitment and willingness to change. I will encourage and support you in achieving your goal.
Life Coaching is very powerful.
Coaching is very powerful, my version is slightly different from most. If you’d like to find out more, please contact me now.